Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 11 October 2012

Photographer of the week – Emy Lou Harris



Model : Kacy

Why did you become a photographer? 
I wanted to be a model originally, because I loved the idea of being part of the fashion industry; I've always been a performer when a camera turns on. I decided I might like to get into fashion photography. I followed some incredible up and coming photographers on websites like Flickr, deviant art and blogs. They certainly inspired me to become a better photographer. I have been taking various genres of photos for a while now, but my number one love is fashion photography. A fabulous fashion photo genuinely excites me and pushes me to be the best I can be.

What/who is your inspiration?
Tim Walker is my absolute favourite. His fashion photographs take you into a fantasy world. I'm constantly finding new photographers via all forms of social networking sites, and they truly inspire me because they are new and fresh and have extraordinary skills in what they do. I also love fashion magazines. I regularly buy VogueElle and Harper Bizarre and tear out my favorite photos for my inspiration folder.

The best thing you have photographed?
I did a project in 2010 - the first of many fashion shoots. I hired a model, hair, makeup artist, stylist and lighting assistant; and I borrowed 2 brilliant locations. I told a story through my photos, whilst showing off incredible clothes and I was so pleased with the results. They were featured in an art gallery in Brighton for a week which was exciting.   

Any exciting work coming up?    
I have 3 shoots I'm currently working on. One of them will undoubtedly be in an up and coming fashion magazine this winter, and the other two don't have a confirmed magazine yet, but I'm hoping they will do soon.


www.emylouphotography.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...