Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 1 November 2012

Photographer of the week - Rossella Vanon


Model: Mae

Why did you become a photographer? 
I became a photographer slowly, over time, and in a slightly unexpected way. I've always been involved in art (music, drawing, and writing), but I had no idea I would end up in photography. It all started when I moved to London 5 years ago from Italy. Being surrounded by different culture and the buzzing atmosphere of London truly inspired me. It's a passion that developed over time and grew stronger and stronger month after month, day after day. Now I live and breathe photography, and I couldn't be without it.

What/who is your inspiration?
Characters in a book, colour combinations, patterns, music, lyrics, people's faces and life in general. In terms of photography I am incredibly inspired by master photographers such as Paolo Roversi and Tim Walker, but also many, many extremely talented upcoming artists whose work is not yet recognised as much as it should.

The best thing you have photographed?
Being a fashion photographer, I get to photograph a lot of models. But every once in a while I come across someone who has a particular shine, an inner beauty. It always shows in a picture, especially in those spontaneous in-between-poses shots. Those are usually my favourite pictures and my favourite shoots too, as they leave me positively charged and incredibly inspired.

Any exciting work coming up?   
A lot of ideas buzzing in my head at the moment.  It’s a very inspiring moment for me. There will be several editorial shoots relatively soon, a beautiful interview coming out tomorrow 1st November 2012 on Digital Photographer Magazine and many more film rolls in the shopping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...