Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 6 December 2012

Photographer of the week – Samantha Nandez













Model : Valen

Why did you become a photographer? 
Ever since, I was a child, I have always been interested in art. Throughout most of my life,  I experimented with painting, drawing and writing. But later became interested in photography. I never had the opportunity to take classes, but luckily for me the digital age was beginning. I was gifted a small point-and-shoot, 3 mega pixel camera one Christmas, and I never looked back. With digital, I was able to experiment in the medium without the cost of film and developing. The more I shot, the more I fell in love with photography and just knew that it was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

What/who is your inspiration?
I find my inspiration in many different people for many reasons, not all of the them photographers. My parents inspire my drive to work hard, my friends inspire me to stay grounded, other photographers I know and love inspire me to dream. It is for this reason that I love photographing people. Everyone has a story, everyone has a history, and I love to try and capture that in my work.

The best thing you have photographed?
It's difficult to say what THE best thing is that I have photographed. Whenever I look back through my portfolio, each image brings up its own memories of who I was with, where it was taken, what the concept was behind it. I have been fortunate enough in my short career to take photos in Scotland, Greece, England, Alabama, Texas, China, and so many other places. So I guess the real question is what is the best thing ABOUT photographing/being a photographer? The places I go and the people I meet.

Any exciting work coming up?   
I have a few beauty and fashion shoots lined up in the coming months, but I think the biggest project I am considering undertaking is the legendary "365" project. I know so many photographers who have done it and failed, myself included. But I've been inspired by a good friend and photographer to try it again. He tells me as much as he hated it and wanted to give up, in the end, it was all worth it. So, we'll see.

www.samanthanandez.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...