Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 17 January 2013

Photographer of the week - Saskia Lawson



Model : Irina Miller

Why did you become a photographer? 
After getting my first camera at a young age, I started taking photos of my family and best friends. It felt natural to turn something I loved so much into a career, so it has always been my dream job.

What/who is your inspiration?
There are so many photographers that inspire me, but Lara Jade & Tim Walker are two of my favourites. Their work is more than just a photo; they create an effortless story and I try and get that effect into my own images.

The best thing you have photographed?
I have a real problem with over-criticising my own work after about a month of taking them. Therefore, my latest photoshoot tends to be my favorite because it showcases the progress I have made especially in technique and ideas. My current favourite is my editorial ‘The Reign of the Rose’.

Any exciting work coming up?   
I’m currently planning two editorials with stylists and makeup artists that will push me creatively. I am extremely excited about these opportunities to continue to develop my expertise and experience. I am always looking for more appealing locations and try to get out of the comfort of my studio.

www.saskialawson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...