Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 14 March 2013

Photographer of the week - Peter Yip















Model : Julia J

Why did you become a photographer? 
I borrowed a camera from my father, and began to photograph pretty much everything around me. I love being able to capture and document that split second moment. Then I stumbled upon fashion by chance whilst freelancing as a photographer and never looked back.

What/who is your inspiration?
I generally get my inspiration and concept from just about everything that surrounds me. I also get a lot of inspiration and ideas from the team, especially one person that I tend to work with wherever possible and that is the incredibly talented makeup artist Natalie Bennett, who I can always trust to bring my visualisation to reality, who also helped me a lot during the year of building my portfolio.

The best thing you have photographed?
I can be quite self-critical sometimes, I like to think the best thing is what I am photographing next. But I have photographed a lot of very interesting projects in the past and recently.

Any exciting work coming up?   
There are a couple of ideas for an editorial in my head at the moment, and a few campaign shoots coming up soon. There is a lot more I want to explore and experiment, I am trying not to get too hung up with things and just carry on photographing.


No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...