Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 18 April 2013

Photographer of the week - Christopher Yates















Model : Katy K

Why did you a photographer? 
I was keen to capture images of my kids growing up which are forever memories, so I bought my first entry DLSR. From a fashion photography perspective, I was introduced to the studio environment and it grew from there. Since that time, I had the urge to work with other creative’s and to strive to create stronger work each time. With that, the aspirations and the equipment has grown.

What/who is your inspiration?
I take my inspiration from quite a few sources, be it magazine editorials print or online. There are so many super talented people who go unrecognised for their work away from the headliners. With so many social media platforms available now, I often see work where you step back in awe of their creative styles and output.

The best thing you have photographed?
Outside of the fashion photography arena, it has to be breaching whales off of the coast of Sydney last year. One of the 'Bucket List' things to do in my life, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to capture surely a once in a lifetime experience. A close second has to be an underwater shoot series recently. 

Any exciting work coming up?   
I am currently planning various location shoots and studio concepts in the coming months and really excited to be working with some super creative designers and brands. In addition, expanding in the artistic areas of my photography with a view to exhibiting content at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...