Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 16 May 2013

Photographer of the Week - Salvador Dewald



Model : Agnieszka K

Why did you become a photographer? 
I've always had a passion for the arts; strongly due to the environment I grew up in and the great support from my parents. Photography only came to me when I went to college; as I was looking to take a creative course and besides Art & Design there was photography. What attracts me to photography is the ability to tell a narrative, to create a space for the viewer to get involved with. Being able to express this in my work has created a strong passion for photography.

What/who is your inspiration?
I find everything is an inspiration to me; this can be anything from emotions, a painting, a social behaviour or a film. I think it’s what’s going on in my mind, seeking to find inspiration’s from the things that surround me.

The best thing you have photographed?
I don’t have a “best” photograph, I am after a story, an emotion. When I succeed to portray that idea, I am happy. I’m extremely critical of myself, and always seek to improve my work. Therefore, I don’t get too obsessed with my photographs; but rather look ahead.

Any exciting work coming up?   
I am at this time, focusing on creating a body of work for a Photo book. I'm currently obsessed with the ideas of fragility, isolation, and German expressionism; which my last shoot strongly portrays. This will also be the undertone for the book's theme.I’m excited to get this project going, as it’s a personal reflection. Hopefully by this time next year we will all know more about this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...