Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 23 May 2013

Photographer of the Week – Karuna Gurung











Model : Renske 

Why did you become a photographer? 
I have always been interested in photography since I was young, my dad used to carry his SLR camera everywhere we went, and I was always curious. I grew up in a highly strict academic boarding school, and there wasn't much creative learning. I wanted to try something creative to challenge myself  so after graduation, my cousin gave me his SLR camera as a gift and I took risk choosing photography as my major despite my parents disapproval. I found it to be particularly interesting and inspiring. It was a big learning curve but the more I learned, the more i got inspired to continue myself as a photographer.

What/who is your inspiration?
I get inspired easily. To me everything that exists in this universe is an inspiration but mostly I am captivated by Fashion Magazines, Street Style Fashion and few old school but incredibly great photographers like Nick Knight, Albert Watson, Paolo Roversi, Peter Lindbergh, Mert and Marcus, Tim Walker, Aitken Jolly and Ellen Von Unwerth.

The best thing you have photographed?
I think it's kind of hard to say what the best thing I have photographed is. Every time I take and make images, I feel like that's the best thing I’ve done and then it changes again on the next shoot.

Any exciting work coming up?   
As always I look forward to collaborating with some really talented teams of designers, stylists, MUA and hair stylists and this time I’ve decided to take another step into the studio again. I'm excited and looking forward to collaborating with few stores for their Ad Campaign. Can't wait for what else is coming for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...