Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 25 July 2013

Photographer of the week - Karl Lake




















Model: Jade

Why did you become a photographer? 
 I became a photographer because I was not very good at drawing but loved art and had many artistic visions and found I could create them using a camera. I also loved entertaining and used photography as a way of provoking emotion. Although I love doing fashion photography, beauty is  my favourite.

What/who is your inspiration?
Beauty inspires me as it is all around us. I am especially inspired by the idea of "perfection”. Interesting locations inspire me and the way nature interacts with man made objects also offers me a great source of inspiration. I tend not to use specific photographers for inspiration, but I am pleased and inspired with the level of talent we have in the U.K at the moment. 

The best thing you have photographed?
Not too sure really as I am my own worst critic, but both my cat women series and the coal series currently in submission magazine are my favourites.

Any exciting work coming up?   
I have a series called Destitution, which, is coming out later on this year and a short fashion film called Space, so keep your eyes peeled for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...