Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 8 August 2013

Photographer of the week - Richy Leeson




Why did you become a photographer? 
I became a photographer half way through a graphic design course at Northumbria university, after having one or two photography modules I think I was seduced by the exciting and glamorous nature of fashion photography. I've always had the pressure to succeed on me from a young age and after I realised I had a passion in photography Kris something I wanted to excel at and Impress people and accomplish my goals. 

What/who is your inspiration?
My inspiration used to come from mainstream commercial fashion photographers from the US, but these days I rarely research into other people's work as much as I perhaps should, most of the ones from my own ideas in my head, usually from cinema or snapshots of images I have seen by accident. 

The best thing you have photographed?
The best thing I have photographed could be a difficult one. Shooting a campaign for canon has to be a highlight around six months after graduating; I also had a project in my final year at university in which I met and photographed holocaust survivors which was a very humbling experience. 

Any exciting work coming up?   
I have plenty of lookbooks coming up for some cool brands and some exciting test shoots I have under wraps at the moment but they should be online soon. 

www.richyleeson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...