Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 31 October 2013

Photographer of the week - Anna Martensson

Model: Anna Cariad   


Why did you become a photographer? 
I think it was when I moved away to boarding school at fourteen, I felt the need to "document" all the new memories, sparking an interest in art photography, which is why I later applied to Parsons The New School for Design in New York. New York propelled me into the fashion world, and I haven't looked back since.

What/who is your inspiration? 
Anton Corbijn was and still is one of my biggest inspirations. I have always loved his gritty black and white portraits - and even though I always say I want to do something similar, It seems to stay a fantasy.

The best thing you have photographed? 
The best thing, or person is probably Anine Bing, a danish model/designer who I shot for a Swedish jewellery designer back in 2011. She was just a lovely woman and such fun to work with.

Any exciting work coming up?
Always. Having just moved to London from New York/Stockholm, I'm loving the new energy and the endless creative inspiration that London embodies. In terms of new projects, I have everything from beauty to high fashion in the pipeline - watch this space.


www.annamartensson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...