Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 23 January 2014

Photographer of the week - Nicholas Lapité













Model: Cami Why did you become a photographer? 
I always felt I had something to say visually, whether that be through photography or film, so I bought a camera and started taking pictures.  I don’t have a photography education, so I wasn't totally sure I’d be able to make a career out of it.  But, thank god, people like what I do and things are going very well.

What/who is your inspiration? 
In the beginning,  my Uncle was my inspiration.  He was a photographer too, and I spent a lot of time with him when I was growing up.  He taught me the value of hard work and determination.  And he emphasised the need to treat all things equally and with respect, whether it was people, situations or work.  Although he doesn't know it, he helped build the foundations of my career.

The best thing you have photographed? 
This has to be my grandmother.  She certainly wasn't one for the camera, but she reluctantly agreed one day, and it turned out to be a pretty fun afternoon.  She really opened up, played up to the camera, and at the age of 83, she even had a diva moment. Priceless.

Any exciting work coming up? 
I’m making a short film about a famous designer.  For 20,  years,  she dressed the likes of Kate Winslett, Julia Roberts, Cate Blanchett and Princess Diana, and was one of the first designers to put Huntington-Whiteley on the runway. She’s an interesting character, and I think her story will be a good one.

WWW.LAPITE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...