Website Facebook Twitter Instagram Email Image Map

Thursday 6 March 2014

Photographer of The Week - Alex Selby

Model: Bethany Bennet

Why did you become a photographer? 
I’ve always had an interest in beautiful images and was drawn to photography five years ago whilst studying Art and Design. Each shoot challenges me to grow technically and creatively. I feel a huge sense of achievement when my ideas develop into a finalised image.

What/who is your inspiration? 
There are lots of photographers that I admire. Particularly RANKIN and Mert Allas and Marcus Piggott but, aside from other working photographers, I find inspiration from listening to music, looking through fashion magazines, blogging, beautiful people - basically keeping my eyes and ears wide open to my surroundings.

The best thing you have photographed? 
As cliche as it may sound, I think the best work is yet to come. I’m still developing my photographic style, but I feel that each of my series' has a special element about it. Whether that be the story behind it, the team I worked with on the day, a great model or a beautiful set.

Any exciting work coming up? 
Currently in my final year of university, I'm working towards developing the concept of my final major project. I’m also looking forward to releasing features in magazines and travelling abroad to the States this year to work on upcoming projects.

Twitter: @ABSCamera

Instagram: @alexbettyselby

No comments:

Post a Comment


AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...